How to convert maven java project to IntelliJ Idea project
We have learned that how to create a simple java project in maven and also how to convert it to support eclipse IDE.Sometimes developers environment consist of IntelliJ IDE instead of eclipse. So, lets learn about converting it to support IntelliJ also.
Using an example to demonstrate is always a good way. So, lets see an example:
1) Create sample maven project
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.howtodoinjava -DartifactId=intelliJDemo -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false
2) Generate ant script from pom.xml
cd intelliJDemo mvn idea:idea
3) Above command will download the project plugins for IntelliJ. And, above command will also create the project file (.ipr), module file (.iml) and workspace file (.iws).
Happy Learning !!
Latest posts by Lokesh Gupta (see all)
- Managing Users from Console in MySQL Database – 29 November, 2013
- How to Install/Uninstall/Execute MySQL as Windows Service – 29 November, 2013
- MySQL Configuration Tutorial – 29 November, 2013
- Best practices to improve JDBC performance – 26 November, 2013
- How to execute PreparedStatement using JDBC – 24 November, 2013