1. Download Java 16
Java 16 is the latest version today when we are writing this article.
We have two choices here. Either download the JDK installer .exe file or JDK archive package which we can extract in some location in the system. Both the downloads can be found in this download link.
I prefer the archive packages as we can have different JDK versions in the system and can configure them as per project need. They do not make any change in System registry, as opposed to the executable file.
2. Download and Install Eclipse
I prefer to use Eclipse archive/zip file. Zipped version is shipped with most of the built-in plugins which are needed for Java based project development tasks.
- Download the Eclipse zip file and extract it to some location.
- Launch Eclipse using
- Check the default JRE version which points to JRE 16.
- We can change the default System library to point to JDK 16 which we downloaded in first step.
- Apply the changes and refresh the project. Now your application is using JDK 16.
Happy Learning !!