In fact this interview question was originally asked by Nikhil, one of our reader. His question was : “My question , I have 6 years of experience as java/j2ee developer and i am planning to change company. Can you please suggest what all the topics I need to prepare for interview, and some inputs on attending interview and expectation from companies for my experience … for product/service based companies ..”
Mid-level Java Interview Preparation
To answer this question, I replied with below answer.
- The question you asked has very wide scope for answer. I will suggest to focus on things which are in your resume … obviously.
- Next thing, focus on design patterns. Prepare 3-4 patterns perfectly. Be prepared to give real life examples, how you use them in your previous projects. They will certainly ask this question.
- Next, learn each and every detail about your current project. System design, module designs, database structure.. and what benefit they provided overall. Keep everything on finger tips.
- Learn and practice multi-threading (specially executors and thread pools). Create some programs on paper. Practice them.
- Try out writing some tricky SQL queries etc. Read about joins, indexes and their syntax.
- OOPs concepts are expected from you as well. Prepare your own definition and memorize it.
- I think, rest of the things will be technologies which you will mention in your resume.
Happy Learning !!