Maven is build and dependency management tool as we all know. It downloads required project dependencies to your local system and include them to your project compilation or run-time as defined. By default maven’s local repository exist on following path :
C:/Documents and Settings/
You can change this location to some other location of your choice. This can be done using below steps.
1) For existing maven installation
For existing installation, follow below steps:
- Navigate to path : C:/Documents and Settings/
- Open file settings.xml in edit mode in some text editor.
- Open the tag
- Update the desired path in value of this tag.
- Congratulations, You are done.
2) For new maven installation
For new installation, follow below steps:
- From the Windows “Start” button on the menu, select the “Run” menu item. Into the dialog box, enter the command “cmd” and press the “Ok” button. This will open a command window with a shell prompt.
- Type cd “C:/Documents and Settings/
- Type mkdir .m2
- Type cd .m2
- Type notepad settings.xml. This will open a new document in Notepad and show you a warning “Cannot find the settings.xml file. Do you want to create a new file?”. Select “Yes”.
- Enter the following code into the document:
(Give here path of your choice) D:/mavenrepository
- Save the file and close out of notepad.
- Congrates, You are done.
Happy Learning !!