Learn to install python package in sublime editor for features like autocomplete and run build within sublime editor itself.
Table of Contents Install Sublime Package Control Install Package Python 3 Verify Python Autocomplete and Build
Install Sublime Package Control
First download the package control for sublime editor.
- Go to URL: https://packagecontrol.io/installation#st3
- Now note down the location of folder where packages are installed in sublime editor. You can find the location by clicking on Preferences > Browse Packages.
- Save the downloaded file from package control website on clicking “Package Control.sublime-package” link, and place it inside folder located at second step.
- Now restart the sublime editor by closing it and then open it again.
- To verify the package control is installed correctly, click on Preferences > Package Control menu item. It should open up the package control window.
Install Package Python 3
- Now to install any package support, including Python package, go to Preferences > Package Control and choose Install Package.
- In opened window, type ‘python’ to filter the list of packages related to python only.
Wait for few seconds and python package will be installed into editor.
Verify Python Autocomplete and Build
To verify python support, again restart the IDE. Create a file with name
demo.py. Type few simple commands like
Now type simple hello world code, and enter
CTRL + B in keyborad. It will open the output output window in bottom pane and will show the build output of the commands in the
Now you are ready to create and build python programs using sublime editor.
Happy Learning !!